To make the connection, you must connect the printer and the computer to the same wireless network. Connect the devices separately to bring them online. Alternatively, the printer can connect via the hard line to the internet while the laptop remains offline. Regardless, they must exist on the same network. Once the devices are online, download a printer driver on a laptop. Without the driver installed, the network connection will not work. The printer comes with the card to install the network or key-code to make the installation happen through their website. Follow the instructions for either method and install the driver. So let’s start the topic How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To My Computer in a few easy steps.
How To Setup Brother Printer
Once we install the driver on a computer, a set of prompts will lead to the setup process. Follow the instructions to name the network and find the printer through the SSID code. The instructions will show the printer and you select the device and click next to continue the setup process. Once we recognize the printer, the laptop will connect to the network and can communicate with the printer.
Make a Direct Connection
Cannot connect to a wireless printer? In case the wireless connection fails, try the hard-line connection to send jobs from the computer to the printer. It happens by connecting an Ethernet cable to the laptop and printer. A direct line connection is an easy solution when urgent need is present. It also eliminates the need to set up a wireless network and saves time when you require only a short-term connection.
A direct connection is easy to make with a laptop and also works with the desktop model computer. If connected already, either use the same cable or send documents via email and use a desktop computer to open and print via the existing connection.
The instructions to set up your Brother Printer on a wireless network are as under:
- Connect the power cord to your Brother Printer and then connect it to an electronic socket.
- Turn your Brother Printer on.
- Press the Menu button on the control panel of the machine.
- Press the Up or Down cursor key to choose Network and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down cursor key to choose WLAN and press OK. (This step may not apply to all machines.)
- Press the Up or Down cursor key to choose Setup Wizard and press OK.
- When WLAN Enable? Appears, select Yes to enable the wireless network.
- It will start the wireless setup wizard.
- The machine will scan for your network and exhibit a list of available Network Names (SSIDs).
- When a list of SSIDs appears, press the Up or down cursor keys to choose the SSID you wrote down earlier, and then press OK.
- Do one of the following: Enter the Network Key, and then press OK to apply your settings. Select yes to apply the settings.
- Go to the next step.
- The machine tries to connect to the wireless network you have chosen.
So I hope this method working for you and you know that How Do I Connect My Brother Printer To My Computer. So if you facing any other issue then kindly comment below we try to help you as soon as possible. So comment below and enjoy the world’s best product to make your memories unforgettable.